101 Pool Rummy
One of the widely enjoyed variants of rummy is 101 Rummy. It is a game designed for two to six players and can be completed within a short duration.
What is 101 Pool Rummy?
101 Pools Rummy is a variant of pool rummy, and the objective of 101 rummy is to achieve the lowest possible score by strategically playing cards. The player who reaches a score of 101 points first is eliminated from the game.
How to Play 101 Rummy?
Some points to keep in mind while playing 101 Rummy are:
- 101 Rummy is similar to Points Rummy with the only difference being regarding how the players get eliminated. Let’s examine the game more closely.
- Typically, 2 to 6 players participate in the game using one or two standard decks of 52 cards each, along with one Joker per deck. The Joker holds significance in the game.
- Each player receives 13 cards randomly, dealt one at a time. A toss determines the player who takes the first turn.
- The objective is to arrange cards into sequences or sequences and sets and make a valid declaration. Players must have at least two sequences, with one of them being a pure sequence.
- In order to win, players should aim for a low score and avoid reaching the maximum pool limit which is 101. The last player remaining at the table becomes the winner.
After the cards are dealt, the remaining cards are placed face down on the table to form the closed deck. The top card from the closed deck is turned face up to form the open deck.
Upon each player’s turn, they have the option to draw a card from either the closed deck or the open deck, and then must discard one card to the open deck. Once a player arranges their cards according to the rules, they can declare rummy.
Learn More: How to Play Rummy?
101 Rummy Rules
The majority of rules in Pool Rummy are straightforward to understand and bear resemblance to those of Points Rummy.
- The prize pool in Pool Rummy is formed by combining the entry fees contributed by all the participating players.
- In Pool rummy, you can use wild or printed jokers to form impure sequences.
- For example, suppose a player has 7♠ 8♠ 9♠ in their hand. In such a situation, they use a PJ or printed joker to replace the missing card 10♠ to form an impure sequence.
- A pure sequence must have three or cards of the same suit in consecutive order. For example 5 ♠ ️6 ♠ ️7♠ ️ is a pure sequence.
- A valid set in pool rummy is a combination of three cards having the same value but different suits. For example 3♣ 3♠ 3❤ 3♦️ is a valid set.
- Suppose if a player has 5♣ 5♠ 5 ️ in their hand. They can use a printed joker to replace the missing 5❤ to form a set.
Read More: Online Rummy Rules
Points Scoring in 101 Pool Rummy
The winner gets 0 points. If a player makes a valid declaration but has some unmatched cards, the face value of the cards is deducted from the opponent’s total score. If a player fails to make a valid declaration they get 80 penalty points.
Now let us understand how winnings are calculated in pool rummy.
Winnings = (Entry fee) * (Number of players) – platform fees.
For example, if 3 players are playing on the table, and each player contributes Rs 50 as an entry fee. The winner will get 50*3 = Rs 150.
Drop Option in 101 Rummy?
“Drop” refers to a player’s decision to voluntarily withdraw from their turn. Players choose this option when they do not wish to continue with a hand. Unlike other Indian rummy variants, 101 pool rummy has two kinds of drops.
First drop – When a player leaves the game without picking any single card it is called first drop. In this kind of drop players receive 20 penalty points which will be added to their score.
Middle drop: If a player withdraws from the game after picking one card, it is called mid drop. Once a player chooses mid drop 40 penalty points will be added to their score.
If a player misses three consecutive turns, they are automatically dropped from the game.
101 Rummy Tips
Some of the top tips to play 101 pool rummy are:
- To avoid being eliminated from the game, it is crucial to discard high-value cards that are not essential for creating melds. If you discard high value cards early on, the chances of elimination becomes slim.
- Keeping a close eye on your opponents and their gameplay is crucial. By observing their moves and strategies, you can make more informed decisions when it comes to building your own hand and increasing your chances of winning the game.
- Always remember to make a pure sequence first. Without this, a player cannot make a valid declaration.
Also Check: Top Tips and Tricks for Rummy
If you are looking to spend some fun time honing your rummy skills, head over to the Rummyprime rummy app. There is a diverse range of rummy games that can be enjoyed conveniently on your mobile phone or tablet. Also, you will get the best deals here, like amazing add cash offers, better rewards, etc.